Enphase S230 Microinverter
It's the Enphase® S230 Microinverter
If you’re looking for an inverter system with a lot more oomph, this fifth-generation microinverter from Enphase is a step up from the latest M215 inverter with intergrated ground, making its 230W output suitable for both residential and limited commercial use.
Like its legendary M-series forebearers, the S230 maximizes energy production and efficiency by transforming DC input into AC output via safer, isolated DC circuitry without a ground electrode conductor.
Mom raised us to never be negative. But hey, electrons rock. The S230 is beautiful because it’s simple, and this means fewer parts and easier installation. How easy? A smart dog could probably do it, emphasis on smart. My Eddie chewed it to pieces.
Click here to download Six Tips on Simplifying Solar Design
Save Money & Installation Time
Built on the fifth-generation platform, the Enphase® S230 Microinverter achieves the highest inverter efficiency for module-level power electronics. With its all-AC approach, the S230 simplifies design and installation for 230 VA installations, and delivers optimal energy harvest.
- Output Power: 220/230VA
- Commonly used module pairing – input power: 195 W – 285W
- Peak Power Tracking Voltage: 27 - 37 V
- Best-in-class 97% Peak Inverter efficiency
- Integrated ground, eliminating the need for a copper grounding wire or WEEB
- CSA Listed per UL 1741/IEEE1547
- Configurable for variable grid profiles like Hawaiian Electric Company (HECO) Rule 14H, California Rule 21, and others
About the Enphase System
The Enphase Microinverter System comprises three main components: 1) the Microinverter, 2) Enlighten software, and 3) the Envoy Communications Gateway. Each Enphase Microinverter connects to the free, cloud-based Enlighten software (either My Enlighten for owners or Enlighten Manager for professionals). You can log into your online Enlighten account to monitor and manage your solar panel array from anywhere you have Internet access. Each microinverter transmits its performance data to your account via the Envoy Communications Gateway.
The Enphase® S230 Microinverter interfaces with the following additional Enphase® components:
- Engage® cable (12 AWG) with connectors
- Enlighten® monitoring/analysis software
- Envoy® Communications Gateway: Router connection between the inverter and Enlighten® software. Choose Envoy® for smaller systems or Envoy C® for up to 600 microinverters.
NOTE: Compatible with 60-cell modules only. For 72-cell module compatible microinverters, please ask us about the 72-cell compatible commercial C250 microinverter (for commercial applications only). Solar modules and additional Enphase System components are not included.
- CEC Efficiency: 97%
- Output Power: 230W
- Max. Input Power: 285W
- MPPT Range: 16-48V
Click here to download data sheet
Click here to view Enphase microinverter family comparison page
Click here to download integrated ground technical brief
About the Enphase System
- Model Number: S230-60-LL-2-US
- Manufacturer: Enphase
INPUT DATA (DC)
- Recommended input power (STC): 195 W - 285 W
- Maximum input DC voltage: 48V
- Peak power tracking voltage: 27V - 37V
- Operating range: 16V - 48V
- Min/Max start voltage: 22V / 48V
- Max DC short circuit current: 15A
- CEC weighted efficiency:
- 240 VAC: 97.0%
- 208 VAC: 96.5%
- Peak inverter efficiency: 97.2%
- Ambient temperature range: -40ºC to +65ºC
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 172 mm x 175 mm x 35 mm (without bracket)
- Weight: 1.8 kg
- Cooling: Natural convection - No fans
- Enclosure environmental rating: Outdoor - NEMA 6
- Compatibility: Compatible with 60-cell PV modules.
- Communication: Power line
- Integrated ground: The DC circuit meets the requirements for ungrounded PV arrays in NEC 690.35. Equipment ground is provided in the Engage Cable. No additional GEC or ground is required. Ground fault protection (GFP) is integrated into the microinverter.
- Monitoring: Enlighten Manager and MyEnlighten monitoring options
- Compliance: UL1741/IEEE1547, FCC Part 15 Class B, CAN/CSA-C22.2 NO. 0-M91, 0.4-04, and 107.1-01