Enphase M250 Microinverter
It's the Enphase® M250 Microinverter
If you’re looking for a system with a little more oomph, this fourth-generation microinverter from Enphase is a step up from the M215 inverter, making its 250W output suitable for both residential and limited commercial use.
Like the residential M215 and the commercial C250, the M250 maximizes energy production and efficiency by transforming DC input into AC output via safer, isolated DC circuitry without a ground electrode conductor.
Mom raised us to never be negative. But hey, electrons rock. The M250 is beautiful because it’s simple, and this means fewer parts and easier installation. How easy? A smart dog could probably do it, emphasis on smart. My Eddie chewed it to pieces.
Click here to download Six Tips on Simplifying Solar Design
Save Money & Installation Time
Plug one Enphase® M250 Microinverter into each solar module in your PV system to convert the sun’s energy into usable AC power. Designed for use with high-power solar modules, the M250 Microinverter increases energy output and facilitates simple installation through its "all-AC" solution. The inverter is optimized for 60-cell modules up to 300 Watts, and supports low-voltage operation.
You’re thinking this is the one? Tesla would approve.
- Integrated ground eliminates need for GEC or WEEB
- Reduces impact of dust, shading, and debris
- No GEC, DC design, or string calculation needed
- Easy to install with Enphase Engage Cable
- Free remote monitoring via Enlighten online software
About the Enphase System
The Enphase Microinverter System comprises three main components: 1) the Microinverter, 2) Enlighten software, and 3) the Envoy Communications Gateway. Each Enphase Microinverter connects to the free, cloud-based Enlighten software (either My Enlighten for owners or Enlighten Manager for professionals). You can log into your online Enlighten account to monitor and manage your solar panel array from anywhere you have Internet access. Each microinverter transmits its performance data to your account via the Envoy Communications Gateway.
The Enphase® M250 Microinverter interfaces with the following additional Enphase® components:
- Engage® cable (12 AWG) with connectors
- Enlighten® monitoring/analysis software
- Envoy® Communications Gateway: Router connection between the inverter and Enlighten® software. Choose Envoy® for smaller systems or Envoy C® for up to 600 microinverters.
NOTE: Compatible with 60-cell modules ONLY. Solar modules and additional Enphase System components are not included.
- CEC Efficiency: 96.5%
- Output Power: 250W
- Max. Input Power: 300W
- MPPT Range: 22-48V
Click here to download data sheet
Click here to download Enphase microinverter family comparison sheet
Click here to download integrated ground technical brief
About the Enphase System
About the M250 MicroInverter
- Model Number: M250-60-2LL-S22
- Manufacturer: Enphase
INPUT DATA (DC)
- Recommended input power (STC): 210W - 310W
- Maximum input DC voltage: 48V
- Peak power tracking voltage: 27V - 39V
- Operating range: 16V - 48V
- Min/Max start voltage: 22V / 48V
- Max DC short circuit current: 15A
- Max input current: 10A
- CEC weighted efficiency:
- 240 VAC: 96.5%
- 208 VAC: 96.0%
- Peak inverter efficiency: 96.5%
- Static MPPT efficiency (weighted, reference EN50530): 99.4%
- Night time power consumption: 65 mW max
- Ambient temperature range: -40ºC to +65ºC
- Operating temperature range (internal): -40ºC to +85ºC
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 171 mm x 173 mm x 30 mm (without mounting bracket)
- Weight: 2.0 kg
- Cooling: Natural convection - No fans
- Enclosure environmental rating: Outdoor - NEMA 6
- Compatibility: Compatible with 60-cell PV modules.
- Communication: Power line
- Integrated ground: The DC circuit meets the requirements for ungrounded PV arrays in NEC 690.35. Equipment ground is provided in the Engage Cable. No additional GEC or ground is required. Ground fault protection (GFP) is integrated into the microinverter.
- Monitoring: Free lifetime monitoring via Enlighten software
- Compliance: UL1741/IEEE1547, FCC Part 15 Class B, CAN/CSA-C22.2 NO. 0-M91, 0.4-04, and 107.1-01
OUTPUT DATA (AC) @208 VAC @240 VAC Peak output power 250W 250W Rated (continuous) output power 240W 240W Nominal output current 1.15A (A rms at nominal duration) 1.0A (A rms at nominal duration) Nominal voltage/range 208V / 183-229V 240V / 211-264V Nominal frequency/range 60.0 / 57-61 Hz 60.0 / 57-61 Hz Extended frequency range* 57-62.5 Hz 57-62.5 Hz Power factor >0.95 >0.95 Maximum units per 20 A branch circuit 24 (three phase) 16 (single phase) Maximum output fault current 850 mA rms for 6 cycles 850 mA rms for 6 cycles