Copy of LG MonoX NeON Solar Module (60-cell, 285W / 290W / 300W)
Pete the photon was a dreamer. While everyone around him burned red hot, mindlessly flinging themselves around the interior of the sun for eons, Pete longed for something more. One day he gathered his courage and ventured up to the sun’s surface where things were cooler and the views could not be beat. Soon, Pete joined a group of like-minded photons and they leaped in rays off the sun, into the great unknown.
After hurtling through space at the speed of light for a few glorious minutes, Pete landed with a splash on the tempered glass of a monocrystalline solar cell. As his energy was harnessed and efficiently turned into power, Pete whooped with joy!
Finally, he was more than just light and heat - he was electricity!
In the 8 minutes it takes for the sun’s rays to travel through space to the earth, they reduce in temperature from 10,000 degrees Fahrenheit to a balmy 61, and diffuse perfectly for a sunny stroll around town. They’re also primed to be captured by solar cells and turned into electricity to power your fridge or charge your toothbrush. They travel from the surface to the sun, to your dental hygiene, in less than 9 minutes. Now that’s speedy delivery!
Superior Efficiency with Low Price-Per-Watt
A step above the original MonoX series, the top-of-the-line LG MonoX NeON Solar Module offers even greater efficiency at a cost-effective price. Available in three models (285W, 290W, 300W), these 60-cell modules pack a powerful punch into a uniquely compact design.
The NeON series, which won a 2013 Intersolar Award, uses N-Type cells to deliver improved mobility of electric charge and to nearly eliminate the presence of boron, thereby reducing light induced degradation (LID). Higher efficiency is also achieved through the new double-sided cell structure that reabsorbs light reflected by the rear of the module. And finally, the NeON module's Nano-level control in semiconductor processing ensures reduced electric loss from internal imperfections.
- 60-cell solar module with 17.4% to 18.3% efficiency
- Double-sided, low LID cells capture reflected light
- Fine line electrodes create a broader light absorption area
- "Surface Passivation" reduces electrical loss at the cell surface
- Lightweight, easy to install, and 100% EL tested
THREE (3) MODELS AVAILABLE: 285 Watt, 290 Watt, 300 Watt
The key feature of all MonoX modules is their exceptionally lightweight design. Only 37 pounds (16.8 kilograms) each, these modules exert minimal pressure on the roof and offer improved safety to installers. MonoX solar modules are purposely designed for simple installation. From transportation to the grounding stage to the connection stage, these modules are quick and easy to set up.
There are four main features that benefit installers:
- Clamp Guideline Marks: By marking the clamp guideline on the frame of the module, LG shows you the maximum mechanical load support. There is no need to measure the module and determine the midpoint.
- Fixed Cable: The hooks attached to each side of the modules are fixed cables that allow multiple modules to be conveniently connected. Connect and carry them around without worry.
- 3-Way Grounding Holes: With grounding holes provided in three different directions on each corner, these modules support versatile installation. Each module has 12 holes total.
- Soft, Safe Edge: MonoX modules are built to keep installers safe. The corner finish allows a secure grip, so there is less risk of damaging the module and injuring yourself.
MonoX solar modules also feature durable construction for long-term use in rough environmental conditions. They have been tested to deliver exceptional strength, withstanding external pressure up to 5400 Pa. MonoX modules are also equipped with factory-installed bypass diodes. These provide built-in circuit protection for the systems within the specified system voltage.
Every MonoX product is developed through LG's solar module test lab, which earned full certification from both Underwriters Laboratory and the TÜV. LG solar panels have also earned the CarbonFree® Certification label from the Carbon Free Foundation.
LG subjects its solar modules to strict quality testing to ensure accurate specified power outputs, boasting a positive nominal tolerance beginning at 0%. All LG modules also undergo electroluminescence inspection to detect any cracks and other defects that are invisible to the naked eye.
1. Installation hardware is not included.
2. A minimum slope of 5 inches per foot for installation over a roof is required to maintain the fire class ratings. The array frame shall be grounded in accordance with NEC Article 250.
Click here for 285W (LG285N1C-G3) data sheet
Click here for 290W (LG290N1C-G3) data sheet
Click here for 300W (LG300N1C-B3) data sheet
Click here for 300W (LG300N1C-B3) installation manual
Click here for LG Solar warranty information
Click here to read an in-depth product review
Key Details 285W 290W 300W Manufacturer LG Model Number LG285N1C-B3 LG290N1C-B3 LG300N1C-B3 Color Black Cells 60 Frame 35mm, Anodized Aluminum Efficiency 17.4% 17.7% 18.3% Approvals DVE, UL, cUL, CE, KM 564573 BSEN61215 Certifications IEC 61215, IEC 61730-1/-2, UL 1703, ISO 9001, IEC 61701, IEC 62716 Product Warranty 10 years Output Warranty of Pmax Limited Linear Warranty*. *1) 1st year: 97%, 2) After 2nd year: 0.7%p annual degradation, 3) 80.2% for 25 years. Cells 6 x 10 Cell Type Monocrystalline Cell Dimensions 6 x 6 inches (156.5 x 156.5 mm) Number of Busbar 3 Dimensions 64.57(L) x 39.37(W) x 1.38(H) inches (1,640 x 1,000 x 35 mm) Static Snow Load 5400 Pa / 113 psf Static Wind Load 2400 Pa / 50 psf Weight 36.96 ± 1.1 pounds (16.8 ± 0.5 kg) Connector Type MC4 connector IP67 Junction Box IP67 with 3 bypass diodes Length of Cables 39.37 inches (1,000 mm) Glass High transmission tempered glass
Additional specifications can be found in the data sheet downloads above.